Short version: The Mind on its own is pretty darn fun, but put Mind + Heart together and you’ve got something that’s infinitely Awesome 🙂
Longer version: This something I’ve suspected for a while, and as a believer in the Chakra system (of which the Heart is one of the Severn energy centres) something I made a conscious effort via a magical working to ‘open’ that energy centre last year (the key phrase of which “Do you want to be a Grumpy old man”). A working I might hasten to add had a very dramatic and noticeable effect in the second half of the year 🙂
However all that was slightly turning on the tap compared to what happened when some new information, summed up by the the video at the end of this post, unlocked new realisations on how central the Heart is and how to practically use it in every day life.
- The Heart is the centre which all other energy centres send energy flow through in your personal system (micro), and the link to the external energy grid (i.e. the rest of the world). If your Heart is closed then this puts a squeeze on the other energy centres, and in time the whole thing breaks down.
- Also the Heart thinks. There is evidence from the scientific community on this one (see linked article below and the video at the end of this post). This is codified in our language by the old saying “Follow your Heart”. A lot of our problems are caused by over reliance on the Mind, and ignoring the Heart. Get the two working together and you’ve got a very strong partnership. I’ve been putting the principle I started this post with (the short version) into practice for the last seven days and its had a huge effect on my life. During that time I’ve had a very intense family crisis that having my Heart switched on has allowed me to zoom through it and actually come out ahead.
- “Compared to the electromagnetic field produced by the brain, the electrical component of the heart’s field is about 60 times greater in amplitude, and permeates every cell in the body”, Open your Heart and you are working on energy plus when compared with just working on Mind alone.
- You don’t have to do some intense form of yoga, kung-fu, magic, charakra working to open the heart and work with it. Just say hello, give it a bit of attention and let it do its thing. Meditation, Yoga etc. may help you develop and refine, but you can’t beat just listening and acknowledging it and building it up by living with it switched on.
- You’ll know when your Heart is open, since you’ll feel a warmth throughout your body, your thoughts will be fluid and you’ll generally feel upbeat and at ease with the world. It will also be very difficult to knock you from that position, unless you actively give into Fear (because you think you should do) which closes down the Heart and pushes you into Mind.
I realise I’ve probably jumped ahead and mentioned stuff a few folk who read my blog will be unfamiliar with. But this realisation really has linked and made sense of a lot of things that I’ve been working with for a good 20 years and sharply upped the ante of my life. I therefore felt it important enough to dive right in and shout out. From now on I’ll be categorising posts that deal with what is popularly termed “the metaphysical” with the category “Heart matters”.
Right the following video is a good 12 minute summary, enjoy and enrich.